Elven Themed cosmetics for Lord of the Rings Online

Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Bane of the False Ring-lord



It’s time for the final instalment in my Tower of Orthanc Inspired outfits or at least what Tuilinel offers for Isengard. Here we have a Tuilinel free of the White Wizards influence an Elf of power revealed in Glory and Wrath to face down the Fallen Istari Saruman of Many Colours.


This outfit is heavily inspired by Material middle-earth’s Shimmering Song (link to page http://materialmiddleearth.blogspot.com/2017/05/shimmering-song.html). It was this outfit formed the base for a problem I had wrestled with a few weeks while designing my Rise of Isengard outfit arch for Tuilinel and that was how best to use the Shimmering cloak’s in this succession obviously it had it be part of the Finale however the Raid gear has a Dark base colour effecting all of its dyes meaning I wouldn’t be able to get a light enough palate to make the Cloak seem like an extension of the outfit not a huge draw for the eye, see while I love the shimmering cloaks too often do I see them as the highlight of a cosmetic a bold statement cloak on an otherwise dark outfit, now undeniably this can look amazing but it’s not what I wanted. So thank you Shimmering Song for showing me the wonder of pastels.


From the aforementioned outfit I took the idea of using the Robe of the Learned Stag in a lovely lavender, now before we go any further, I have a love hate relationship with this dye too often is it baby pink and not the calming Lavender I desire so I rarely find use for it or even think of it honestly so it’s nice to give it purpose here at the very least. But anyway so with a centre chest piece settled and a cloak already predetermined I began one of my favourite pass times accessorising, I wanted spiky so I got the spikiest cosmetics I could find, the finest spiky Mordor had to offer (which dyed light enough). After my Accessorising with most things spiky, it was done, my Tuilinel was ready to beat Saruman with the kin on T2. Which happened about 4 weeks later in which I hid this outfit from my companions to spring on them after Saruman’s defeat, which happened on a raid I wasn’t apart of so I proudly stood on that high rock I Galtrev awaiting their return and once the gazed upon my wondrous visage they said it was nice… I’ve come to the realisation like, Mendel, Galileo and Van Gogh before me I’m a visionary whose work will only be appreciated after my demise. Well at least I’ll look good in the Hall of Mandos.


The pieces used in this outfit are listed below along with where you can find them.

Head: Rune-Maker’s Hat (Classic Vendor at the Skirmish camp, Dark purple)
Shoulders: Fine Camail of the Expeditions Vanguard (Allegiance Vendor in the various Allegiance Halls, White)
Chest: Robe of the Learned Stag (Lavender)
Gloves: Dextrous Gages of the Expeditions Vanguard (Allegiance Vendor in the various Allegiance Halls, White)
Feet: Shoes of the Learned Stag (Violet)

The Chest and feet Gear pieces come from the LM Dunland gear set and so in Lew of giving the Quests they are attainable from here’s a link to the LOTRO wiki page detailing the different Dunland sets and where the items with those skins can be found, https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Dunland_Armor_Sets

Main hand: Amdirolf (Classic Vendor at the Skirmish camp)
Off hand: Shatterbone (Rare drop from Gruglok in Urugarth)

No comments:

Post a Comment