Elven Themed cosmetics for Lord of the Rings Online

Sunday, September 30, 2018

The Spymaster of Imladris



One thing you’ll likely notice as I continue to post my cosmetic outfits is that I’m a fan of simplicity, to me its best not to overthink an outfit if something works go for it, don’t look back and if you think it’s good, it’s great. This outfit which I’ve fondly named ‘The Spymaster of Imladris’ is an excellent example of this in action.

I find it fitting that the first outfit I’m sharing is for my main Tuilinel, and this particular outfit was one of my first outfits. This outfit was born of my own need to create a casual elven robe for day to day activities, not for battle but for book-keeping, I wanted something which said upper class elf-lord who’s blending in and definitely not spying on the local population, this was the result.

I started with the chest piece, which is oftentimes the best/easiest place to start, it’s often the centre piece of an outfit and like in this case covers the majority of the character. I sent for too long trying to find a suitable cosmetic before settling for the Lore-Keeper’s Robe. This robe is undoubtedly elven, yet not flashy like some others it also dyes extremely well making perfect for my needs.


Surprisingly it was the shoulders which gave me the most trouble with this outfit, however despite the struggle I’m so happy with the result, these shoulders are simple enough to compliment the rode but also ornate enough to elevate the outfit giving it the upper class feel I wanted. Also the fact the shade of gold on the shoulders matches perfectly the shade found on the robes sleeves a happy accident which cemented their place as one of my favourite shoulder pieces.


The pieces used in this outfit are listed below along with where you can find them.

Head: Circlet of the Night Watcher (Dol Amroth Quartermaster (Lore-master Armour), Lavender)
Shoulders: Shoulders of the Lady’s Discernment (Hunter class trader in Caras Galadhon, DN gear, Default)
Chest: Lore-Keeper’s Robe (Classic Vendor at the Skirmish camp, Dark purple)
Feet: Lore-Keeper’s Shoes (Classic Vendor at the Skirmish camp, Dark purple)

Main hand: Staff of Keriä (Reward from the Epic Quest ‘VI, B13: Chapter 11: Narchuil Goes South)
Off hand: Warrior’s Edge (Elves of Rivendell Ally rep item)

No comments:

Post a Comment